GetResponse Com Review – Are all The Tools You Need on This Platform?
That is the one million dollar question isn’t it, why should I join? Well, let me take you through the GetResponse com review, and we will see what do you think about it by the end of the article.
I have gone through and used all of the features myself so that I can tell you first hand
Getresponse Overall Summary
Quick Post Navigation
- 1 Getresponse Overall Summary
- 2 Get response pricing
- 3 Platform Navigation
- 4 Newsletter & Content Creation.
- 5 How to create an autoresponder series
- 6 How To Build a Webform
- 7 Creating a marketing automation or workflow series
- 8 How to build an Auto Funnel
- 9 How does support stack up?
- 10 Pros & Cons
- 11 My Overall conclusion Get Response
- 12 Rating Score Breakdown For Get Response
- Name: Get Response
- Website www.getresponse.com
- Membership plan: 30-day free trial then $15 per month basic plan
First off – What is Get Response all about?
In a nutshell, get Response boils down to one thing only, at that is to optimize the response rate to improve the reader’s experience with your newsletter series.
Here is a list of the features
- Create single newsletters for a one-off blast as well as autoresponder creation.
- A/B split testing of your emails to see which is opened more frequently.
- Email automation for abandoned shopping carts.
- Custom workflows that send an alternate email to the reader depending on whether they open the email or not.
- Online store creation where you can build your store to sell your products, or if you have an existing store, it can be integrated.
- Facebook AD integration is a new feature that has just been added to the get response toolkit.
- Website builder is a brand new tool in the arsenal you can now build your own website inside of GetResponse as part of any of the package.
Get response pricing
When you first join up at Get Response, you can join up as a free member no credit card details are needed, and you will have full access to the full range of marketing software if by the end of the month you don’t upgrade the account will just be canceled with no obligation to you.
Not all templates and emails created will also be deleted with the cancellation.
As you can see, there are four billing plans, which also gives you a good discount if you go yearly or bi-yearly.
If you are starting, I recommend just staying on the monthly plan until you work out that Get Response is a good fit for you. You can always upgrade later.
Like To See Full Features of Each Pricing Plan? Click Below On Plans
Navigation on the platform is straightforward; go over to the left and choose the tool that you need and click on it.
It will then give you an overview of what you have created in each area then if you want to create a new item inside each sub-menu. Just click on the create button, and it creates a new one of whichever tab you are in.
Newsletter & Content Creation.
Basic steps to creating a newsletter
- Name your email series; you only see this
- Choose the from email in case you have more than one.
- Subject line – tempt your reader into opening.
- Choose the email list you want it sent to.
Message Layout Design
You can choose between pre-designed email templates, or you can build your email from scratch, myself I prefer emails that aren’t full of distractions.
On the right-hand side are all your elements. You drag and drop the block that you want into the newsletter and put where you wish it to go.
For example, you can drag and drop the video block in go to YouTube and copy a link and paste it in; it’s as easy as that as you can see you can also add social tagging into your emails as well.
Once you have completed your email to your satisfaction, you can either save & exit or go next to finalize the newsletter.
Now you can finalize the email here to save as a draft, send, add to email marketing campaigns, or schedule later.
The newsletter can be linked to your google analytics account by just toggling the button.
It also has one feature on it that isn’t on any other platform; it’s called perfect timing.
The servers work out the optimal time that the particular recipient of the email usually does most of their browsing and sends it out, then this has been a beneficial effect on deliverability rates.
So when it comes to it hits the top of the inbox, it has been proved that people who get a lot of email are more likely to read the top few and then delete the rest. I know where I want my email to be.
How to create an autoresponder series
The process for creating an autoresponder series is the same as setting up a newsletter except for a couple of differences.
- You choose the day that you wish it to go out and which option to use.
- There isn’t perfect timing or time travel in an autoresponder sequence.
- The first newsletter is the creation of the autoresponder list. It is the building block for the rest of the series.
Once that is done, you can go and click on the hatching in the top left that will open up the days of the autoresponder. You then click on which day you would like to make the email webforms.
How To Build a Webform
Landing pages & web forms are the bread and butter of the email marketer. The difference between a campaign working or failing can depend entirely on how the landing page performs with small businesses.
Three Steps to Building a Webform
- Name & choose your template or build from scratch.
- Create your landing page on the landing page creator everything is drag and drop. If you are comfortable with it, you can add your custom HTML code.
- Do final settings, choosing which list and then publish
The landing page creator has tabs to click on to move backward and forwards to the mobile version to adjust your text, images, and other fields as they are going to be in entirely different places.
As you are progressing, click on the live preview button, and it will open in another tab so you can see what your web and mobile version looks like.
Webforms use three fields to set up.
- Add field – this is where you add all the relevant fields that you want.
- Layout – This for form width and what type of form you wish. The three choices are embedded, popover, or scroll form.
- Style – This is where you edit the background, form style, and other functions.
Creating a marketing automation or workflow series
A point to note workflows are entirely different from autoresponder series as there are conditions that have to be met in an automation workflow.
There are a variety of templates to choose from, or you can start from scratch if you wish, I have chosen the affiliate marketer templates to use. I have no idea why I did that. ?
As you can see, there are seven affiliate templates to choose from. I am going to open up the basic affiliate template that has just one email in it.
Workflow structure step by step
All elements are drag & drop, which makes it easy to use. As you go along, you drag the line to connect to the relevant box; this shows that it is active.
- Subscribed Via – This is where you choose which list you wish.
- Send message – This is where you choose the message you wish to use. Go to properties and select the message that you want to use. It will then be assigned to that schedule. Connect to message opened.
- Message opened – Choose the message opened box from elements and drag & drop onto the workflow. This metric will work out who opened the email.
- Link Clicked – connect this box to the positive message opened. Now we get deeper into reader behavior. This feature allows you to see who is clicking and following your links.
- Tag names – Connect to the negative link in the message opened box. Go to properties and create a tag, I have created two tags inactive & inactive_2 for this demonstration.
- Point scoring – Connect up to your positive link clicked. Then go to the properties tab and choose what amount of score you wish to give to the action. The purpose of point-scoring is to work out who your most active readers are.
- Wait time – This tag is connected up to points scored.
- Send message – And the cycle begins again.
This is just one fundamental way that a workflow can be set up to get the most out of your list. I used a few different functions to show what can be done; you can make the workflow as straightforward or as complex as you wish.
But it is relatively easy to use and will improve your knowledge of who your loyal readers are so you can offer them bonuses. You can also funnel a mini-campaign to your inactive subscribers to see if you regain their interest or scrub them from your list.
How to build an Auto Funnel
Auto funnel is a relatively new feature to the Get Response marketing tools arsenal.
You can choose whether to build a list funnel, a product funnel, or promote a webinar. I don’t sell products or create webinars, so I will go and build a list funnel.
- Choose landing page – You have the choice of whether to build your landing page from scratch or choose from the great variety of pre-designed templates they have.
- Build your landing page – Everything on the landing page editor is drag & drop and very easy to use, the interface is straightforward to use and simple to use.
The landing page I built previously in the post is what I used in this funnel demonstration.
- SEO settings – This is where you optimize your landing page for SEO settings, in my opinion, this isn’t as important as you are already getting targeted traffic, but it doesn’t hurt
- Subscription settings – Here, we are going to set the list you want, decide on whether you wish confirmed opt-in or not, and where you want your thank, you page to go.
- And there you click on the link to go and see what your page looks like.
How does support stack up?
Get Response have two types of customer support, live chat, and email support. They also have a good range of online tutorials.
The live chat is usually very good with a quick response time, on average, about one to two minutes.
I have found that overall the support desk information has been very good for most problems, though now and then I can get somebody who has to go searching with somebody else for the answer.
The email support is a little bit slower than I would like, but I don’t have to use it that much anyway because usually, I only have minor things that I need sorted out.
Overall the support is pretty good sometimes like any support team; it depends on who you get on the day.
Try out the 30 day free trial at Get Response you can try out all the features and has a 1,000 maximum subscribers, and you do not need a credit card to try it out. Access the Get Response free trial here.
Pros & Cons
- Offers a free 30-day trial, no credit card required where you can access the full range of tools that Get Response has to offer with a maximum of 1,000 subscribers.
- It is cheaper than most of its competitors out there while still offering a more extensive range of tools than most of them. The yearly & bi-yearly discounts are some of the best out there.
- Dashboard navigation is straightforward and makes it easy to get from place to place.
- Get Response now has webinar hosting on its platform.
- The email segmentation and automation feature is easy to use and will help you with your overall ROI.
- The auto funnel feature which has recently been added to Get Response is great for marketers who want to run their online store and automated email campaigns under the one feature.
- All of the Get Response plans come with the landing page creator that has A/B split testing for working out which landing page is converting the best.
- Support is available in 24/7 live chat and email service. The live chat is usually pretty quick to answer; sometimes, there can be a wait but not too often.
- After the 30-day free trial ends, a lot of the features need you to upgrade to a higher plan. They won’t be deleted but can be re accessed once you upgrade to the plan that supports them. Check the pricing plans to see which one might suit you.
- The webform creator, while it is a great tool, can be a bit clunky and temperamental at times, but like anything, you learn it’s quirks after awhile.
- I have found that most questions that I need answered by live chat are worked out well but now and then I can get somebody who doesn’t know, who then asks me to wait while they ask somebody else.
My Overall conclusion Get Response
To come to this rating, I have used all tools mentioned above to see the advantages and difficulties of each feature.
Overall I have found that the majority of Get Response is very user friendly for anybody who uses the platform.
The pricing plans with the free trial is very favorable with the other platforms out there while having a few features that other platforms don’t provide.
Some further work could be done on the landing page creator, and web form features to make it a little easier to use, but with that said, you could usually get help from live chat if anything arises.
The new additions of Auto funnels and the webinar features to the platform certainly make it more of a one-stop-shop than many other providers.
Rating Score Breakdown For Get Response
Hi there everyone my name is Kevin Delahaye and I am the owner of Niche Marketing Toolkit.
I will try to bring value to you with each and every post I write and hopefully have the answer to the question you were seeking.
If you have any questions leave a comment below and I will get back as soon as possible. Cheers