How to Find a Profitable Niche for Affiliate Marketing
Quick Post Navigation
- 1 How to Find a Profitable Niche for Affiliate Marketing
- 2 Four reasons that an affiliate will fail making his website
- 3 What is your niche and how to make it profitable
- 4 There are two main reasons people come to your site.
- 5 Okay, let’s get started finding you a profitable niche.
- 6 How Profitable is This Niche?
- 7 What does the audience think of your niche?
- 8 Competition Is a Good Thing
- 9 Now its time to set up your email sequence.
- 10 My Conclusion on it
The first mistake most affiliate marketers make is not knowing how to find a profitable niche. This is one of the primary ways most people fail in affiliate marketing.
They failed because they did no analysis or research on the niche; they were looking to concentrate on to see whether it would be profitable or not.
The Internet is full of abandoned affiliate websites where the publisher has walked away from his niche purely because they did not follow through.
Four reasons that an affiliate will fail making his website
- The affiliate was not patient enough – a website will, on average, not start earning any meaningful profit until at least 4 – 6 months have passed.
- Chose a niche they are not interested in – You have to be willing to get up day after day and put up fresh content. If you have no interest at all, you will fail. Full stop
- The niche was not adequately researched – 99% of new marketers, when they first start, do not study the niche they are interested in and crash and burn. I was one of the 99% when I first started.
- Not enough targeted traffic – For a website to succeed, they need to be able to solve the audience questions or meet their passions, i.e. (sports, hobbies, etc. Suppose you can’t do that; the readers will leave.
What is your niche and how to make it profitable
The essential key to be able to start your business is to find a profitable niche in your chosen area before you begin to build your website if you don’t do this you are wasting your time and effort.
What do you like enough to write about?
- Hobbies or sports – What sports or hobbies are you interested in that you could write about?
- Health – Do you have any health issues to write about and possibly different ways you helped get yourself through it, such as a special diet or programs for eating disorders, etc.
- Fitness – Are you an avid health freak? This is an excellent niche to get into as there are tons of sub-niches you can drill down into to create a successful website with no lack of products or services.
- Pets & Accessories – Have a pet of your own? Then you are off to a flying start; you can find all types of things to solve a customer’s problems or where to find that accessory they have been looking everywhere for.
There are two main reasons people come to your site.
- They have a problem that needs a solution – Example stop your dog digging holes in your grass, learn how to build your Patio how to get rid of the wrinkles from around the eyes, and the list goes on.
- The need to satisfy a passion – What type of sports equipment do I need, where are the best deals for traveling, where do I get the best watches and so on.
Okay, let’s get started finding you a profitable niche.
My tool of choice is the Jaaxy keyword Tool => Read My Review Now.
I am going to use “Drone flight training” as my keyword for today. Notice when I typed it in, I was given different fields.
Average – The number of monthly searches for the specific keyword.
Traffic – Visits to your website if you achieve 1st-page ranking
QSR – Quoted search results, the number of competing websites for your keyword. The lower the QSR, the better chance you have of being ranked on the 1st page.
So on average, 144 people are searching for drone flight training each month, and the QSR competition is looking good.
But we aren’t done searching yet.
Google trends is a great tool to use to find the search volume for a specific search term over some time.
It will give you a pattern of highs and lows of your product so you can see when your best time to promote would or find out why your treadmill doesn’t sell well at Christmas.
Yahoo trends is similar to google trends and can make for a good comparison from one platform to the other to get an overall picture.
How Profitable is This Niche?
To get the best out of being an affiliate marketer, it is a good idea to have a mixture of digital and physical products that you can offer to your audience on your website to give the right combination of services.
Here are three places that are good to check out when working out what would be a profitable product or service to meet your audience needs.
- Affiliate Networks – The main networks I get my ideas from are Clickbank, ShareAsale, and CJ affiliates formerly Commission Junction. Check out my top 7 Affiliate Networks review.
- Online merchants – You can dig down very deep into sub-niches on eBay, Amazon, and Alibaba.
- Social Media – You can use Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest as well to find out what would be profitable.
Once you have gone through each of them, in turn, searching in your particular niche, you will have a great list of ideas that you can break down into sub-niches and find the one that suits you the best.
You have your list of products and services and what commission structure they are all offering now work out the ones that are best for you right now; you can always add more as your site matures.
A point to Make here is a lot of talk about whether you should monetize your website straight away. I would recommend for the first month or so put up regular quality content and build out your site.
Once you think your website has enough quality content on it, approach it to the vendors that you are interested in to see if they will accept you as an affiliate to their program.
Most vendors who have a high-quality program will need to see proof of quality on a website before they will give permission for you to promote their product.
What does the audience think of your niche?
Now let’s see what social media audience thinks about your niche and how it could solve their problems or how it helped them find what they’re looking for.
These are some of the most popular social media platforms to try.
- Facebook groups
Join as many of these social media platforms as you wish to use. Do not be just someone reading the groups and forums questions.
Be the person asking the questions you will find a lot of answers to topics you never even realized were out there, which would make for valuable content in the future.
Also, as you interact with the groups after a while, you will get to know people, and you might both do a guest post on each others site or social media group. Think of the reach that will have.
The golden rule – Write content that will resonate with your audience; it will keep them coming back.
Competition Is a Good Thing
Now let us see who your competition is, there will be competition out there because there is no such thing as a brand-new niche. If your idea has not got competition at all, then no one is looking for that service or product, and you will waste your time trying to promote it.
If there is healthy competition out there, this means that there is an audience who will pay you to have their problems and their passions fulfilled.
This competition, in combination with your willingness to keep content rolling out, will eventually see you making an income. It would help if you had a combination of both for you to have a successful affiliate website.
Try to aim for a minimum of ten articles in your 1st month if you have the free time to get up some more. They are not all going to be winners, but you are putting up content for your audience. Just keep the quality up.
If you wish to monetize from the start, then start with just a few affiliate links, don’t scare your audience away before they have gotten to know you.
Now its time to set up your email sequence.
Once you have your vendors all set up now, first things first sign up to an Email service.
Here are three of the most well-known, there are a lot more out there google the top 10 autoresponder services, and you get a big list to choose from.
- Get response
- Constant Contact
personalize them to your personality and start making an autoresponder sequence.
The more you have and give them quality in the sequence, the more they will buy from you.
My Conclusion on it
By doing your research to find out what your niche is and whether it will be profitable for you is the critical 1st primary step that you need to take for you going forward to becoming a successful affiliate marketer.
Don’t try to cut corners, make sure you do your due diligence before you start down this road, or you will most likely fail and be turned off becoming an affiliate and reaching your goals working for yourself full time.
I hope you enjoyed my post.
Bye for now
Have a question? Leave a comment below and I will get back as soon as possible
Hi there everybody, my name is Kevin de la Haye. I hope you enjoyed the post. I aim to always bring some value with every post that I write. I am the owner of Niche Marketing Toolkit, and I take each day as a challenge to you, my loyal readers.