Quick Post Navigation
7 Best WordPress Mailing List Plugins
Are you creating all that great content for your website but not capitalizing on it with an email list? You are crazy if you are not. Today I am going to cover the seven best WordPress mailing list plugins out there.
- Thrive Leads
- Mail Optins
- WP Email Capture
the truth is 92% of people check their emails and will respond more often than they would through a social media feed.
You can promote various products and get a better chance of a recurring income from your subscribers.
Price: $67 one-off payment. One year of support
This power plugin comes with a wide range of about any type of opt-in form that you can think of.
You can create sliding forms, popup lightboxes, two-step opt-in, link screen-filling forms, and you can also insert opt-in forms in the bottom of your posts in your widget section or anywhere in your post.
The drag and drop editor combined with the wide selection of web forms gives you a lot a flexibility for the creating and arranging of opt-in forms on your website.
The most durable features by far with the thrive Leads plugin are the advanced A/B split testing, conversion optimization, and the comprehensive reporting system that is built into the plugin.
The plugin is also compatible with about every autoresponder company out there—two of the main ones being Get Response and Aweber.
- Thrive Box Pop-Up Lightbox – Apop up that appears above your content to attract a readers attention.
- Sticky Ribbon – Created a form that appears at the top of your article and scrolls down with the visitor.
- Inline Forms – Insert them at the bottom of your post or insert anywhere you wish with a shortcode.
- Two-Step Smart links Opt-In Form – Creates a popup box whenever somebody clicks on specific text in your content.
- Slide-In form – This is a less intrusive form that slides in from the side corner and will scroll with the reader.
- Opt-In Widget Place a widget in the sidebar to grab some more sign-ups.
- Screen Filler Overlay – This popup covers the whole page making it impossible for the visitor to miss. (I would never use this feature, way too intrusive and would chase off most readers)
- Content Lock – Lock your article content away so only subscribers can read it.
- Scroll Mat – A screen-filling feature that pushes the content down the page.
- Yes/No & Multiple Choice Forms – Get your visitors engaged and set them some questions to answer.
- Advanced A/B split testing so you can grow your lists faster.
- All op-tin boxes are mobile-friendly
- Boost your conversions with Smart Links & Smart Exit
- Choose from dozens of pre-designed templates to use and capture leads anywhere on your page
- Get the most out of your lead pages with detailed reports & statistics showing which ones are working for you
For all-over quality Thrive Leads is a big winner. But if you are an E-commerce site, it doesn’t have payment processors.
Price: $19 per month billed annually
OptinMonster would be the most well-known plugin for creating popup forms; it would have the most extensive range pop up forms on the market.
While it is one of the best plugins on the market, it is also the most expensive one out there.
My recommendation would not be for a beginner marketer to use OptinMonster until they have a decent amount of website traffic coming through
- Lightbox Popup
- Fullscreen Welcome Mat – While these are not used as often, they can work with the right audience.
- Slide-in Scroll Box – This is a high converting form that is less intrusive so the visitor can still read the article.
- Floating Bar – This is a handy feature form that scrolls with the customer yet is not intrusive.
- Countdown Timer – Want time to be your ally? This will help boost your conversions and sales.
- Sidebar Forms – Do not waste space over in your sidebar, stick an opt-in form there to increase your sign-ups.
- Inline Forms – This is an embeddable form you can add to your blog posts & page content.
- Content Locker – Lock up some of your article content so that only subscribers can access it.
- Coupon Wheel Optins – Get people eager to sign up for a chance to win a prize.
- Exit intent – Designed to convert visitors that are leaving and turning them into leads
OptinMonster is all quality with its features, and its capability to integrate with almost every provider is another in its favor. But in saying that for the price point.
Price: $97 per year
OptimizePress is the proverbial cat amongst the pigeons with the plugins in this article.
Which way will you go, plugin or theme? Optimize offers both options for you to choose from. Use the plugin if you don’t want to change your current blog theme.
OptimizePress also makes use of membership portals as part of its arsenal.
- Membership sites – Build yourself a membership funnel and sell your courses
- Marketing funnels – Pick your favorite funnel depending on your target audience
- Autoresponder integration – It integrates with most email providers to add that extra layer
- Integrated SEO elements – This feature helps with the SEO on a specific landing page; not many marketers would even think about it.
- Checkout & payments plugin – Go that extra yard and set up payment gateways on your WordPress site with stripe.
Price: $19 per month
The Getsitecontrol plugin is a great all in a one-stop-shop for all your op-tin needs to help you to grow your email list faster.
It includes a comprehensive list of features from basic opt-in boxes, popups surveys and a range of other features.
Getsitecontrol offers the use of widget templates that are easy to use. Just choose the template you would like to tweak and go for it.
You can play with the text, colors, animations, and element positions, or you can make your form from scratch with custom CSS.
- Easy to use form builder – This is a very easy to use builder that once built, can be directly dropped into your website.
- Exit intent – Don’t want to lose those visitors who are leaving? Then this feature offers them an incentive to sign up before they leave.
- A/B split testing – You can do split testing for five variations.
- Google analytics integration – This is extremely useful for keeping track of what is succeeding or not.
- Visitor contact – Customise the form for feedback, so you can learn what you are doing wrong or right.
I would recommend this service to anybody as it seems to have the right balance of everything that you need for an excellent price.
Price: $59 per year basic plan
This plugin was designed for one thing only, and that was to grow your email list fast with every tool that it has at its disposal.
The plugin has a powerful web form builder to maximize your list building efforts.
It has inbuilt analytics with A/B split testing so you can work out what is happening with efforts all that much quicker and get your list growing faster.
It also has integrations with about all email providers and CRM out there. It integrates with google analytics.
- Built-In Analytics Check on all your metrics live and see where improvements on your opt-in forms are needed.
- Exit Intent Technology – Catch the visitor just as they are about to leave your site to boost your conversions and improve your bounce rate.
- A/B Split Testing – Take the guesswork with the A/B split testing tool so you can understand what your visitors want and fix up what people aren’t interested in.
- Autoresponder – Putting out a daily targeted list that will build a strong relationship between yourself and your subscribers.
- Targeted Campaigns – Send campaigns based on referral detection, AdBlock, new vs. returning visitors, page views, and time on the website.
This is a top of the range plugin with everything you need to run a successful email campaign. But I would go up to the Pro plan for best results.
Price: Free for a maximum of 300 emails a day. Next plan $28 a month.
Sendinblue is an excellent plugin to use, but to be able to access it, you have to sign up for an account with them to be able to use the plugin.
Features of Sendinblue are a significant part of their marketing portfolio, yet the free package lacks the features that most marketers would need to use in their start-up period.
- Email marketing – free package only has 300 emails a day
- SMS marketing – Take a more hands-on approach for time-sensitive offers & projects
- Live chat – Somebody has a question on your site? Be there to answer them
- CRM – Make everything easier on yourself by having everything all organized in one place
- Marketing automation – Increase your performance by automating your segmentation lists
- Transactional Email – Make sure all your transactional emails are set up perfectly
- Sign up forms – Choose from a vast range of forms to get the visitors signing up
- Facebook ads – Use Facebook ads to create campaigns designed for your target audiences
- Retargeting – Make sure your visitors see your ads on other websites to draw them back
Sendinblue is a top-notch plugin that is designed to work only with its parent company, so you have to sign up for an account.
As an all in one solution, it is perfect as you have the security of all your lists saved on the Sendinblue CRM, and the automated campaigns are very advanced.
I wouldn’t use this service unless you planned to centralize all of your emailing efforts here and wanted all of the features as there isn’t enough in the free plan or the Lite plan.
WP Email Capture
Price: $50 per year
It creates a standard two field web form with Email and name for the capturing of email details. The email setup is a double opt-in. This plugin is handy for people who do not want to use a third-party autoresponder program yet,
If you sign up for the premium version, you can add your autoresponder list and segment your list, depending on the audience.
WP Email Free features
- It uses Word press internal WP mail functionality for sending out emails
- Easily integrates with all posts and pages
- Automatic double opt-in
- All data can be exported into CSV files that can be downloaded onto just about any email service provider database
WP Email basic is free for more information on WP Email Premium visit the website
I would only sign up for this plugin if I were a complete newbie who hasn’t got that much of a list, and even its premium features don’t go far enough to suit me.
My Final Thoughts
I have given a wide range of some of the best plugins out there for people to choose from. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, that will work better for some marketers than others.
Take your time working out which plugin will work the best for your site. Do you need a plugin that needs advanced features or just one that will get your email series up and running?
And on the other hand, there is WP Email Capture, which is more of a simplified system.
I hope I have been able to give you some good options to choose from, and as per usual, always enjoy yourselves.
Bye for now
Have a question? Leave a comment below and I will get back as soon as possible
Hi there everybody, my name is Kevin de la Haye. I hope you enjoyed the post. I aim to always bring some value with every post that I write. I am the owner of Niche Marketing Toolkit, and I take each day as a challenge to you, my loyal readers.